THE ROYAL LIVINGSTONE INTRODUCES DETOXING WATER EXPERIENCE TO FIND AN INNER BALANCE
Zambia’s The Royal Livingstone, on the banks of the Zambezi River, a few metres from the Victoria Falls, has created bespoke ‘Water Retreat Experiences’ for health conscious luxury travellers looking for an alternative wellbeing break combined with lifelong memories.
Water defines The Royal Livingstone. Guests arrive at the 5-star retreat by water taxi – the only hotel in Africa to offer this exclusive transfer where the journey often includes a glimpse of wildlife such as hippopotamus. The sound of Victoria Falls is always present during your stay and guests have access to their own private entrance to the waterfalls – one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
The new Water Retreat Experiences unwind and prepare the body and soul:
- The Tips of the Falls:
- A full body exfoliation with red dune sand: Increasing the blood circulation and purifying the skin
- Botanical Clay wrap: Contains Kalahari clay to purify the skin, Buchu known for its medical purposes to detox the body and Red bush extract to act as an anti-oxidant
- A mist system massage to cool down: choose between Khoi San: with Buchu to detox; Aromatic blend: with Spice and wood blends to relax and restore; Tsamma Blend: with Tsamma (Khoi san watermelon) to moisturise and restore; Water or Wild Honey: with wild honey to restore skin cells and repair sunburn
- Experience the Ukuchina massage in one of the Cabanas on the banks of the River Zambezi
- A lymph drainage treatment – perfect to fight water retention
- Hot water compressed with lemon scent is used to drain the muscles and alleviate depression
- A foot massage on the deck to support and rebalance the digestive tract
Emmanuelle Moneger, GM commented:
“We are extremely proud to introduce bespoke Water Retreat spa experiences for guests of The Royal Livingstone. We also invite our guests to reconnect with Mother Nature by exploring the Victoria Falls or swim in the Devil’s Pool just at the edge of the Falls, discovering the endless rainbows and range of colours the waterfall produces and enjoy a refreshing “shower” of negative ions known to increase levels of serotonin, therefore helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress and boost our daytime energy. Thanks to the unlimited complimentary entrance to the Victoria Falls, the hotel’s guests can enjoy a daily walk at the Falls and recharge their batteries in the most natural way.”
The Royal Livingstone chef has also designed fresh fruit juices made with local fruits such as Paw–Paw (Vitamin A and Folic Acid to support metabolism) and Guava (source of dietary fibre to aid constipation and to lose weight) and dishes designed to meet the needs of those guests who are looking for tasty, healthy options and include the use of vegetables indigenous to Africa such as Bondwe leaves (high in vitamins A, K, B6, C, riboflavin and folate; and essential minerals including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, and manganese), Kalembula leaves (low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol, good source of Vitamin E Vitamin C and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese) and Okra leaves (a flowering plant that is native to Africa, source of vitamins A -essential for bone growth, reproduction, cell division, eye health and immune system function – iron and magnesium that contributes to health of the immune system, the central nervous system and bones to name a few.
The Royal Livingstone gives guests the opportunity to cherry pick experiences to suit the individual, adding more adventurous experiences such as a River Safari or a Cheetah Interaction experience should they be of interest.